7.1. Placing A Bet
- Your bet is accepted the moment it is recorded on our system, in accordance with the conditions described in these rules. Upon clicking on Place Bet, a message will appear that says: 'Thank you for placing your bet', this indicates that the bet has been accepted. If this message does not appear, you can confirm the status of your bet by checking your bet history or by contacting Customer Support. If, after clicking on Place Bet, the odds increase in relation to those displayed in your browser before the bet is recorded on our system, then the greater odds will be accepted without any additional messages.
We provide one-click betting for your convenience; however, we cannot accept any liability for any losses incurred as a result of any deliberate or accidental use of this feature. If you lose connection with the website during the placement of a bet, you should contact our Customer Support, who can check whether your bet was placed or not. Once your connection has been re-established, you can also check your bet history to see what bets were placed prior to the loss of connection.
- Notwithstanding that we use our best endeavours to supply exact information, we cannot be held responsible for any errors and/or omissions, whether human or a result of errors in our system, which result in the displaying of prices which are obviously incorrect (such as where the price is materially different from those available in the general market or clearly incorrect given the chance of the event happening at the time a bet was placed), the entering of results, or the listing of runners or event start times. We reserve the right to correct any obvious errors whilst immediately informing the customer, subject to the following provisions:
- 1) If the bet is made prior to the commencement of the event, its winning price shall be changed to a revised and corrected one. If the revised and corrected price is under 1.001 (1/1000), then the bet is deemed void.
- 2) If the bet is made after the commencement of the event, then it is voided irrespective of the outcome.
- 3) If the bet is made in LIVE, then it is voided irrespective of the outcome.
- Where the official start of a race or event is not announced, bets are accepted up to the 'open until' time displayed on the Website. If the ‘open until’ time is after the event has actually started, and the market is not a live betting event, any selections will be made void if, at the time the bet was placed, the race or event was resolved or at a stage where the customer could have a reasonable indication of the outcome.
- In the event of there being a dispute regarding the time at which a bet was placed, the time at which it was recorded on our server will govern the settlement.
- All bets will show on your Bet History page and can be checked there at any time.
- We do not accept postal, facsimile, telex or text bets; if such bets are received, they will be void whether they win or lose.
- If your bet is outside of the allowable limits, the maximum stake for your selection or bet will be displayed onsite at the time of placing the bet.
- Marathonbet reserve the right to refuse all or any part of any bet without explanation.
- All odds displayed on the site are for information only and subject to change at any time. The odds that apply to a bet will be those confirmed at the time of bet placement.
- All Latest Scores and/or Match Times displayed for live events are for information purposes only. Whilst every effort is made to ensure their accuracy, we cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information displayed.
- In some cases, not all selections will be quoted for outright markets. You can email or call Customer Support to ask for any selection to be added to a market. However, for settlement purposes, all selections will count, whether they are displayed or not, unless the market stipulated that Only Quoted Players/Participants Count.
- Any returns will be credited back to your Account.
- All telephone calls to our Customer Support team are recorded on security tapes in the interest of client confidentiality and to assist us with resolving queries and maintaining high standards of Customer Support. These recordings may be stored.
Last Modified Date: 30/04/2020