By agreeing to register with Marathonbet.co.uk you accept our Terms and Conditions.
Information we may collect from You
Registration with Marathonbet.co.uk is mandatory if you wish to deposit and bet on this website.
During the registration stage we will ask you for personal information. As a minimum, this will include your name, address (including country of residence), date of birth and contact details, such as your email and telephone number.
Other data that we may collect from you includes the following:
- All account transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, bets placed and games played;
- Records and the content of any correspondence that has taken place between you and us via all available communication channels;
- Details that you may have provided as part of a competition entry;
- Information that you may have provided as part of a customer survey;
- Technical information associated with the device that you have used with us;
- Details of your visits to the Marathonbet.co.uk website and app, including, although not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data.
Use of Your Information
The information that has been collected by us (as described in the section above) may be handled for the following purposes:
- We may validate the details and other personal information supplied by you during registration against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these Terms and Conditions you consent to such checks being made. This check is performed only to confirm your identity - no credit check is performed and your credit rating will be unaffected;
- To assist with general account management, including the setup of the account and other operational actions;
- To process any banking or online payment transactions to and from your Marathonbet.co.uk account;
- To allow you to participate in our betting and gaming services;
- To help us provide you with the most suitable information around promotional offers and events in line with the marketing preferences you have chosen;
- As part of our commitment in providing customers with the best service possible, this information may be used as part of internal assessments around the quality of the services we provide;
- Research around customer activity and our products (including customer surveys);
- To detect and prevent fraud, money laundering, cheating or any other unusual or irregular betting activity;
- To ensure we comply with legal and regulatory duties.
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Marathon Alderney Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Marathon Alderney Limited hereby acknowledges that in collecting your personal details as stated in the previous provision, we are bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK legislation) and (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2001. Marathon Alderney Limited will protect your personal information and respect your privacy in accordance with best business practices and applicable laws.
As the internet is a global commodity, its use to collect and process information data may involve the transmission of this data on an international basis, including countries outside the European Economic area. In order to provide you with an efficient service, Marathon Alderney Limited and/or its service providers may require to transfer your personal data from one country to another on worldwide basis. Therefore, by registering and using our website, you acknowledge and agree to our processing and potential transfer of your personal data in this way.
Cookies are small text files which are placed on your computer (or Smartphone or other device used to access the internet) by the websites that you visit. They are used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The Cookies we place on your computer (or smartphone or other device used to access the internet) cannot be used to retrieve any other data from your hard drive, to pass viruses to your computer, or capture your e-mail address.
Cookies are vital to the basic performance of the Marathonbet website; they enable critical authentication and validation, session management, and fraud prevention in addition to enabling us to remember the settings you may have previously applied, such as language.
You can manage your Cookie preferences by adjusting your browser settings.
This website has been designed to provide the best levels of security to the customer. All critical communications between you and the website are encrypted using 256 bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
When you log in, we recognise your IP address. This is then recorded on our system. When you log in again, you can see your last log-in date and the IP address used. This is done to assist you in preventing unauthorised access to your account.
In the interest of all customers Marathonbet may record telephone calls and internet communications with customers for training, quality assessment, dispute resolution and security purposes. When a dispute occurs which cannot be resolved by Marathonbet, the relevant recording(s) may be made available to our nominated Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) entity.
We may occasionally wish to contact you by email with information on promotional offers (such as Free Bets), technical updates and new site features. If you wish to unsubscribe, please correct the correspondence check boxes on the My Account/Other Settings page accordingly. Alternatively, this can be completed by contacting Customer Care. You may also select the “Click this link to unsubscribe” option at the foot of any promotional email that you may receive from us to prevent any future promotional marketing being sent to you via email.
Your personal data should not be disclosed to third parties, unless such disclosure is required by Marathonbet for processing of your requests in relation to your participation in betting and gaming activity with us or unless it is required by law. Any other disclosure to third parties will be made after you have explicitly given your consent. As Marathon Alderney Limited’s business partners or suppliers or service providers may be responsible for certain parts of the overall functioning or operation of the Website, you accept that personal data may be disclosed to them. Internally, your personal data will be accessed by employees of Marathon Alderney Limited, such as Customer Care and the Payments team for purpose of providing the necessary assistance and for them to be able to perform their regular duties. You hereby consent to all such disclosures.
Marathon Alderney Limited has a legal duty to protect your information under the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK legislation) and (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2001. As part of our licensing agreements with the Gambling Commission in the United Kingdom and the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC), we are entitled to provide any information requested by our regulatory authorities, law enforcement authorities, financial institutions or sporting bodies.
Access to Information and Changes to Details
- As our customer, we would kindly request that if there are any changes to your personal details, that you promptly inform Marathonbet by amending your profile accordingly.
- You may update your personal information at any time in the My Account/Personal Details section of the website or by telephoning the Customer Care team. We will also ask you to enter a unique identification ID and a password which you will use for any subsequent logins on this website.
- You have the entitlement to request for a copy of the personal data held by Marathon Alderney Limited about you. This is in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK legislation) and (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2001. In order to obtain this data, we will expect for adequate information to be provided to fully verify your identity. In such circumstances, Marathon Alderney Limited also reserves the right to charge a £10 administration fee.
Our web site contains links to other sites. The company have no influence over other sites’ privacy policies, and as such have no responsibility for any information you may enter when accessing one of these links.
141 Davigdor Road
From the UK: Freephone 0800 9757882
Outside the UK: +44 1273 964705
Last Modified Date: 15/09/17