6.7. Account Closure and Self-Exclusion
Should you wish to close your Marathonbet account, please contact our Customer Support. In the majority of cases, there will be the option for you to reopen your account. However, should you request for a permanent closure, then we shall honour this request in all circumstances and reopening shall not be permitted.
Please see the Contact Us section of our website for further details.
If you have concerns about your gambling activity and after considering your position, you feel that you can no longer afford to continue spending any time or money with us, there is the option to self-exclude.
Self-exclusion is a voluntary fixed term in which you are denied access to our betting services. This period can be set at a minimum of 6 months, up to 5 years. There is also the option to self-exclude permanently.
If you choose to self-exclude, these are the key points to consider:
- You will not be able to bet and deposit with Marathonbet at all during this time.
- Please remember that once you have self-excluded, this agreement is final and cannot be changed. We will not be able to reactivate the bet facility on your account during this period.
- To protect and prevent you from using Marathonbet during this time, if we detect any accounts open in your name, such accounts will be closed. Marathonbet cannot be liable for any losses accumulated from customers opening any accounts when they are already self-excluded.
- Upon requesting self-exclusion, if you have an outstanding balance left in your account, you will still be able to withdraw funds.
- We encourage you to complete the self-exclusion process with all other online betting organisations that you may also have an account with. There is a help site, www.gamblock.com, which has features that allow you to block access to internet gambling sites.
- We would kindly ask that you update your contact details (address and/or telephone number) if they change so we can put protecting measures against opening new accounts with updated contact details. In the event that inaccurate or incomplete data is submitted or your current details are not updated, we will not be held responsible for any subsequent losses or other circumstances caused by these actions.
You can activate a self-exclusion by clicking on the self-exclusion link contained within our Player Protection section or by contacting our Customer Support. Please see the Contact Us section of our website for further details.
As a socially responsible betting operator, Marathonbet will endeavour to action your account closure/self-exclusion request at the earliest possible opportunity. However, depending on the contact channel you use to close or self-exclude, the time period in which your request will be actioned in full may vary. Therefore, Marathonbet shall not be liable for any losses towards either party before the closure takes place or the self-exclusion period comes into effect. Please note that your closure/self-exclusion will only come into effect at the point you receive confirmation from our Customer Support that your account is now closed/self-excluded. If you discover the account you have requested to be closed/self-excluded is still open please call our Customer Support immediately and we will treat it with the utmost urgency.
If you are considering self-exclusion, you may wish to register with GAMSTOP. GAMSTOP is a free service that enables you to self-exclude from all online gambling companies licensed in Great Britain. Please be aware that, during a self-exclusion via GAMSTOP, you would be prevented from accessing accounts that match the details you have provided to GAMSTOP as part of your application. Such accounts would be self-excluded upon logging in or registering, or if an open session lasts longer than 24 hours. To find out more and to sign up with GAMSTOP please visit www.gamstop.co.uk.
Last Modified Date: 04/07/2019