6.7. Account Closure and Self-Exclusion
Should you wish to close your Account, please contact our Customer Support. In most cases, you will have the option to reopen your Account. However, should you request a permanent closure, then we shall honour this request in all circumstances, and you will not be permitted to reopen the Account. Please see the Contact Us section of our website for more information on how you can contact our Customer Support.
If you have concerns about your gambling activity and, after considering your position, you feel that you can no longer afford to continue spending any time or money with us, you have the option to self-exclude.
Self-exclusion is a voluntary fixed term in which you are denied access to our betting services. This period can be set at a minimum of 6 months and up to a maximum of 5 years and cannot be revoked by customer. There is also the option to self-exclude permanently. Once the self-exclusion period has expired, it will remain in place until you take specific steps to reactivate your Account.
If you choose to self-exclude, these are the key points to consider:
- You will not be able to bet or deposit with Marathonbet at all during this time.
- Please remember that once you have self-excluded, this agreement is final and cannot be changed. We will not be able to reactivate the betting facilities on your Account during this period.
- To protect and prevent you from using Marathonbet during this time, if we detect any Accounts open in your name, such accounts will be closed.
- If you have an outstanding balance left in your Account, you will still be able to withdraw funds after requesting self-exclusion.
- We encourage you to complete the self-exclusion process with all other online betting organisations with whom you may also have an account. There is a help site, www.gamblock.com, which has features that allow you to block access to internet gambling sites. In addition we suggest that you check the GAMSTOP (www.gamstop.co.uk) web-page if you wish to self-exclude from all online gambling companies licensed in Great Britain.
- We kindly ask that you update your contact details (address and/or telephone number) if they ever change, so we can put protective measures in place to prevent you from opening new accounts with your updated contact details. In the event that inaccurate or incomplete data is submitted, or your current details are not updated, we will not be held responsible for any subsequent losses or other circumstances caused by these actions.
- We will also not send you any marketing and/or promotional communication once you self-exclude.
You can activate a self-exclusion by clicking on the self-exclusion link in our Player Protection section, or by contacting our Customer Support team. Please see the Contact Us section of our website for further details.
As a socially responsible betting operator, we will endeavour to action your Account closure/self-exclusion request at the earliest possible opportunity. However, depending on the contact channel you use to close or self-exclude, the time period in which your request is actioned in full may vary. Therefore, we shall not be liable for any losses towards either party before the closure takes place or the self-exclusion period comes into effect. Please note that your closure/self-exclusion will only come into effect at the point you receive confirmation from our Customer Support team that your Account is now closed/self-excluded. If you discover that the Account that you have requested to be closed/self-excluded is still open, please call our Customer Support team immediately, and we will treat it with the utmost urgency.
If you are considering self-exclusion, you may wish to register with GAMSTOP. GAMSTOP is a free service that enables you to self-exclude from all online gambling companies licensed in Great Britain. Please be aware that, during a self-exclusion via GAMSTOP, you would be prevented from accessing accounts that match the details you have provided to GAMSTOP as part of your application. Such accounts would be self-excluded upon logging in or registering, or if an open session lasts longer than 24 hours. To find out more and sign up with GAMSTOP please visit www.gamstop.co.uk.
Last Modified Date: 30/04/2020