1. Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”)
1.1.1 Welcome to www.marathonbet.co.uk (“the website” or “our website”), brought to you by Marathon Alderney Limited (“we” or “us” and related propositions), a company registered in Alderney under number 1686 with registered offices at 2 Victoria Street, Alderney GY9 3UF.
1.1.2 These T&Cs contain important information about your use of our website (which includes versions of our website viewed on mobile phones, tablets or other electronic devices). Please read them carefully before you register an account with us and before you start using our services.
- 220.127.116.11 Privacy and Cookies Policy, which sets out information on how we use your data and what your rights are; such policy can be found here
- 18.104.22.168 Sports Betting Rules, for use of our sportsbook, which can be found here
- 22.214.171.124 Individual Games Rules, which can be found on the “Rules Sport by Sport” pages here
- 126.96.36.199 Specific Event, Competition or Promotion Rules, which are set out next to each event, competition or promotion.
1.1.4 If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these T&Cs and the different sets of rules or policies referred to in section 1.1.3 above, then whatever is in these T&Cs will apply instead of the relevant provision(s) in the documents under 1.1.3.
1.1.5 If you have any questions about these T&Cs, then please get in touch with Customer Services (‘CS’) and they will be happy to help you. You can reach us using any of the following:
|Telephone:||0800 9757882 (UK Freephone)|
|+44 1273 964705 (from outside the UK)|
|Post:||141 Davigdor Road|
1.1.6 Please note that we may record calls for training and monitoring purposes.
1.3. Opening an account and gambling with us
1.3.1 When opening an account, you are required to choose your own password. Your username will be your email address. You should ensure that these details are kept private, as you are responsible for all activity on your account, where the correct security information (username, password) has been provided. If you lose, or forget, your username and/or password, or if you believe that a third party is aware of them, you should contact our CS immediately. The methods by which you can get in touch with our CS are shown in the Contact Us tab.
If another person accesses your account due to your negligence (e.g. not keeping your username and password private or leaving your computer unattended without logging out) you are responsible for all their actions and any losses they may incur on your account.
1.3.2 When you open an account with us you are confirming that you:
- 188.8.131.52 are at least 18 years of age and in any case above the legal age for gambling in the jurisdiction in which you live (see section 1.4 - proof of age and identity);
- 184.108.40.206 are not restricted from opening an account under the ‘Geographical Restrictions’ section of these T&Cs (see section 1.5);
- 220.127.116.11 you are accessing the website from one of the “permitted jurisdictions”, as defined in section 1.5 below;
- 18.104.22.168 are acting for yourself and not on behalf of anyone else and are not limited in your legal capacity to accept, and adhere to, these T&Cs;
- 22.214.171.124 are using your own funds that you can afford to gamble with or funds you are expressly entitled to use;
- 126.96.36.199 will not gamble with us unless you are in a fit state of mind to do so and are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs (whether legal, prescribed or proscribed);
- 188.8.131.52 are not an undischarged bankrupt or the subject of any bankruptcy proceedings;
- 184.108.40.206 will only have one account for the website at any one time;
- 220.127.116.11 have not excluded yourself from gambling;
- 18.104.22.168 have not previously held an account with us or with any other gambling operator (in both cases whether online or “in club”) which was suspended or terminated due to your wrongdoing;
- 22.214.171.124 have provided us with details that are true, correct and complete and you will inform us of any changes to such information in accordance with section 4 of these T&Cs;
- 126.96.36.199 will not use, or allow any other person to use, the website for fraudulent purposes, or to facilitate a criminal offence or other unlawful activity; and
- 188.8.131.52 do not work for us or one of our associated companies, or suppliers of our gambling equipment and services, and/ or are not otherwise acting on their behalf.
1.4. Proof of your age and identity
1.4.1 To register with us you must be at least 18 years of age and above the legal age for gambling in the jurisdiction in which you live (the “Appropriate Age”), as underage gambling is an offence. We will request proof of age and residency documentation from you at any time which you agree to provide to us promptly.
If you are subsequently found to be under the Appropriate Age at the time you placed transactions with us (or we are unable to verify your age for any reason) your account will be closed, all transactions placed whilst you were under the Appropriate Age will be voided and all related funds deposited will be returned. However, we shall not be obliged to pay any winnings which might otherwise have been payable.
1.4.2 We are also required to comply with anti-money laundering legislation and may thus request proof of identity information from you, from time to time, which you agree to provide to us promptly. We may undertake a search with an online verification service provider to verify your identity.
To do so, such online verification provider may check the details you supply against any information on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. They may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained.
1.4.3 You may sometimes be asked to provide background information about yourself and the source of the funds used to play on our websites. We may be required to obtain this information because:
- 184.108.40.206 We seek to ensure that our customers use our offering for recreational purposes, enjoy their play and do so within their means. This is a part of our commitment to Responsible Gambling principles.
- 220.127.116.11 If customers regularly spend high amounts with us, we have a legal obligation to show that the money being spent is legitimate. This does not mean that we are suspicious about you personally.
1.4.5 By registering with this site, you agree to provide any appropriate information needed to meet the requirements mentioned above.
1.5. Jurisdictional considerations
1.5.1 We only accept wagers or play from persons located in one of the “Permitted Jurisdictions”, as reflected in the respective drop-down list shown under the ‘Country’ button, available to a customer during their account registration process.
The list of “Permitted Jurisdictions” may be changed by us from time to time.
1.5.2 It is your responsibility to always comply with your own local, national or state laws that relate to gambling.
1.5.3 Although we take appropriate measures to restrict access to our website to persons located in the Permitted Jurisdictions, no winnings shall be paid to you if you do obtain access outside the Permitted Jurisdictions.
1.5.4 We reserve the right to terminate your account and refuse any use of our services if we know or reasonably suspect that you have been using them whilst located outside the Permitted Jurisdictions.
1.6. Keeping your details up to date
If any of your personal account details or financial information relevant to your account change, you must inform us immediately, as failure to do so may result in transactions being declined by your financial institution.
To change any of your account information you can use the “My Account” section of the website. Should your credit card used on your account be lost, stolen or re-issued, please notify us as soon as possible by contacting CS.
1.7. Use of our website or our services
1.7.1 We may refuse to register you and/or to suspend and/or terminate your account at any time and/or to refuse to accept any wager or transaction. We shall not be liable to you in any way for any loss or damages that may result from any such action.
1.7.3 We may withdraw any promotional offers (including bonuses, free bets or tokens) at any time.
1.7.4 As part of our sports book offering we may make certain third-party data services available to you, including but not limited to horseracing data and live scores and statistics from various sources, (collectively referred to as Third-Party Data Services (‘TPDS’). In relation to the TPDS you agree that:
- 18.104.22.168 it may only be used for your own personal use and you will not distribute or commercially exploit it or any part of it;
- 22.214.171.124 use of the TPDS is at your sole risk;
- 126.96.36.199 neither we, nor any other third-party data provider or any of their licensors give any warranty as to the accuracy of any data or that the supply of such data will be uninterrupted.
1.8. Placing a wager
1.8.1 You must exercise your own judgment in placing a wager and you acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement or advice from us or our employees in deciding to place a wager.
1.8.2 We do not apply fees or charges on wagers.
1.8.3 We may refuse or limit the whole or part of any wager for any reason at our discretion.
1.8.4 You are not allowed to place a wager greater than the amount in credit in your account.
1.8.5 We may set the maximum and minimum stake amounts and these will be set out in the individual games rules.
1.8.6 Wagers do not become valid until our systems confirm that the wager has been accepted and until we have received payment.
1.8.7 For some games, we will pass you to a third-party system. These systems may not provide you with all the reporting information you will find on our main site. Should you require additional wager information, please contact our CS.
1.9. Deposits, withdrawals and bonuses
1.9.1 You may deposit monies to an account with us by using the Payment Methods listed on the website.
1.9.2 Interest is not payable on account balances.
1.9.3 You can make withdrawals from your account up to your current available balance subject to the following T&Cs:
- 188.8.131.52 for non-UK issued Mastercards (as well as some UK Mastercards), we may not be able to pay funds back to such cards; withdrawals will, where possible, be processed by bank transfer, subject to adequate customer verification.
- 184.108.40.206 bank cards and other third-party payment processors (such as Neteller & Skrill), may impose limits on per transaction or per day withdrawals from time to time; to withdraw funds above these limits then:
- (a) if you wish to process such withdrawals by the specific bank card or payment processor that imposes said limits you need to contact them
- (b) if you wish to consider alternative withdrawal methods, compliant with our regulatory framework, please contact CS
- 220.127.116.11 for bank transfers to UK bank accounts, the minimum withdrawal is £200 or currency equivalent (save in the case of a final withdrawal to close an account).
1.9.4 We reserve the right to charge a processing fee of not more than £5 for bank transfer withdrawals. A transfer will only be made to an account in your name and such account must be held in a Permitted Jurisdiction. Where you are requesting a bank transfer for the first time, we will require proof of identity to be provided.
1.9.5 In certain circumstances we may look to recover from you, payment processing fees incurred by us. Please refer to Section 1.15 – Fraud.
1.9.6 If, as part of a promotion or competition that you take part in we credit an amount to your account (a ‘Bonus’), then the following rules apply (in addition to the promotion or competition rules):
- 18.104.22.168 the wagering requirements for the Bonus will be set out in the promotion or competition rules;
- 22.214.171.124 you can only use the Bonus for placing wagers on our website;
- 126.96.36.199 you can only spend the Bonus after you have spent the cash in your account;
- 188.8.131.52 whilst there is a general Bonus on your account all winnings (whether from cash or Bonus wagers) will be credited to your Bonus balance; if, however, the Bonus is specific to a game or category of games then only winnings from those wagers will be credited to your Bonus balance;
- 184.108.40.206 if you do not satisfy the minimum wagering requirements within the timescale specified (or if no period is specified, 30 days after the Bonus was added to your account) or seek to withdraw any funds prior to doing so, then the Bonus balance (including winnings) will be forfeited;
1.9.7 You may not make deposits and withdrawals to and from your account with us to obtain goods or services from a third party, such as loyalty rewards or vouchers.
1.9.8 You may only make deposits and withdrawals into your account for using the website in good faith and for the purpose for which it is provided and we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you are using your account for any other purpose.
We may also be required by law or any relevant authority to report any such activity and act in accordance with that authority's directions in relation to your account and the funds in it.
1.9.9 Funds at least equal to the value of active customer balances are held in a designated bank account separate from our business accounts to ensure that there are always sufficient funds for customers to withdraw their balance at any time.
We hold such sums on trust for our customers for the sole purpose of enabling them to either withdraw their balance or to place stakes on our website. As a result, whilst steps have been taken to protect your funds in the event we become insolvent, there is no absolute guarantee that all funds will be repaid. This meets the requirements of (a) the UKGC (UK Gambling Commission) for the segregation of customer funds at the basic level of protection and (b) the AGCC (Alderney Gambling Control Commission).
Further information about protection of customer funds can be respectively found at:
1.10. Closing your account and inactive accounts
1.10.1 We reserve the right to close your account at any time and will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of such closure.
1.10.2 We reserve the right to withdraw the website (no longer having the website available for registration and/or gameplay) at any time and will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of such withdrawal.
1.10.3 You may close your account at any time by notifying us.
1.10.4 On the closure of your account or withdrawal of the website, subject to any deductions permitted under these T&Cs, you will be entitled to the return of any balance remaining in your account.
1.10.5 If, for a period of 12 consecutive months or more, you have not logged in your account, such account will be deemed to be an “Inactive Account”.
1.10.6 If an Inactive Account remains without activity for a further period of twelve (12) consecutive calendar months, the account shall be deemed to be a "Dormant Account".
1.10.7 As per regulation 231 (2)(e) of the Alderney eGambling Regulations (2009), as amended, and given the above definitions of inactive and dormant accounts, we reserve the right to assimilate inactive account funds subject to the following conditions:
- (a) Adequate and proportionate efforts to return funds to players
- (b) Commitment to repay assimilated funds to player on demand
- (c) Robust security controls to prevent internal fraud.
1.11. Intellectual property
1.11.1 You agree that all copyright, trademarks, designs, text, photographs, videos, images and graphics, look and structure, of our website, database rights and all other intellectual property rights relating to the website and its contents (including the software) are and will remain our or our licensors’ property.
1.11.2 You also agree and acknowledge that the material and content contained within the website is made available for your personal non-commercial use and that any other use of such material and content is not permitted.
1.12. Limitations on liability
1.12.1 You accept that by using the website there is a risk that you may lose money.
1.12.2 We will endeavour to provide the website using our reasonable skill and care.
Loss or damage is foreseeable if such loss or damage was an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
1.12.4 We only supply the website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the website for any commercial or business purpose, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Matters beyond our reasonable control include access delays or access interruptions, any system or communication errors relating to the generation of random numbers, wager settlement or other elements of the gaming services, data non-delivery or data mis-delivery, acts of God or other circumstances beyond our control, unauthorised use of your security access details, damage to goodwill or reputation and errors, omissions, or misstatements in any and all information or services(s) provided by us to you.
1.13.1 We are not liable for errors or malfunctions on the website or software or any other element of our service and we will be entitled to declare any transactions affected by any such error or malfunction as void.
1.13.2 We reserve the right to correct any settlement of a wager which is subsequently found to have been made because of any error or malfunction. If following such correction your account balance becomes negative you must immediately deposit funds to increase your balance to at least zero.
1.14. Responsible Gambling and Self-exclusion
1.14.1 If you wish to take a break from gambling online with our website, you can request that we prevent you from accessing your account. If you choose to do this, it will be a minimum of six months before you may apply for reinstatement. You can self-exclude for up to 5 years, or you can self-exclude permanently.
1.14.2 You may make such a request by utilising our website feature for self-exclusion.
1.14.3 Use of this opt-out facility results in your account being blocked for the time you specify, a minimum of six months. We will return any withdrawable balance of your account to you and will not accept wagers from your account during this period. We will also not send you any marketing and/or promotional communication. During the period in which you are excluded, you must not attempt to re-open your account or try to open new accounts.
We will undertake reasonable checks to identify and block all accounts which we find under your name, date of birth and address, however it is your responsibility to notify us if an account may exist which does not match these exact details.
1.14.4 If you would like to take a temporary break from gambling on-line with our website, you can choose a break period from 1 day up to 6 weeks. This feature is available in the Responsible Gambling section of “my account”. If you choose to take a break, you will not be able to access your account and you will be prevented from gambling until your break period is over. Once you have confirmed that you wish to take a break, we will be unable to reverse this process.
1.14.5 We encourage you to play responsibly and within your financial means. We encourage you to use the features available in your account, including setting a deposit limit and reality checks (such as an hourly reminder of time spent on the site). We urge caution with the use of ‘windfall’ amounts (such as a compensation payment, inheritance or pension pot); where such a sum is needed to provide ongoing financial support, please do not gamble with it.
1.14.6 In order to protect young persons and children from accessing our online gambling sites, we recommend that responsible adults install internet filtering software on their computers. This provides the ability to control content displayed, block websites and set up passwords to prevent gambling sites being available to underage persons. You can view a selection of internet filtering software solutions, as recommended by Internet Filter Review, by visiting http://www.toptenreviews.com/software/security/best-internet-filter-software/.
1.14.7 It is extremely important for account security and fraud prevention to ensure you keep your ID and password information safe and secure. This is your responsibility and you must ensure no one else can access this information.
1.15.1 We reserve the right to seek criminal and other sanctions against you if you have, or we suspect you have, engaged in fraudulent, dishonest or criminal acts and we will disclose information to the relevant authorities and other relevant parties (such as credit card companies).
1.15.2 We reserve the right to terminate your account, forfeit its balance and recover from your account the amount of any payment processing fees incurred by us, affected pay-outs, bonuses or winnings if:
- 220.127.116.11 you are found to be participating in any form of collusion, fraudulent practice or unlawful or improper activity;
- 18.104.22.168 we become aware that you have placed wagers and/or gamed with any other online provider of gambling services and have engaged (because of such play) in any collusion (including in relation to charge-backs), fraudulent practice or unlawful or improper activity;
- 22.214.171.124 we become aware that you have wrongfully requested a charge-back or have denied any of the transactions made on your account;
- 126.96.36.199 you become bankrupt or have equivalent proceedings occurring anywhere in the world;
- 188.8.131.52 you are using our software and/or system in a manner which we (acting reasonably) deem inappropriate.
We may at any time suspend your account while we investigate whether you have engaged in any of the conduct described above.
1.15.3 You shall repay to us all costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by us arising directly or indirectly from your fraud, dishonesty or criminal actions.
1.16.1 As part of our security measures, we may perform random security checks on your account and keep records of transactions and wagers. As part of these checks we may request from you additional documentation or information and we may terminate and/or suspend your registration and/or account and/or withhold payment to you if we do not receive such documentation within the time we specify.
1.16.2 You agree that we may use personal information provided by you to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency which may keep a record of that information.
1.17.1 If you wish to make a complaint, you should contact CS. The methods by which you can get in touch with our CS are shown in the Contact Us tab.
1.17.2 All complaints should be notified to us as soon as possible; all game claims or disputes should be raised with our CS within seven (7) days of the original transaction. You must also provide the Game ID and a screenshot of the game as it finished, for us to assist you.
1.17.3 Customers not satisfied with the outcome of a complaint can escalate the matter further as follows:
- UK residents may contact an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service provided by the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS) who can be contacted at www.ibas-uk.com.
- Non-UK residents can contact the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC): https://www.gamblingcontrol.org/?s=complaints.
- A European customer is also entitled to use the European Online Dispute Resolution forum at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/ to resolve disputes.
1.18.1 For certain of our services, you may need to download or use certain additional software, including software provided by third parties.
1.18.2 You may be required to agree to end user further terms and conditions of use in order to make use of such software. In such case you agree to be bound by any such further terms and conditions.
1.18.3 You shall not interfere with, copy, modify or reverse engineer any software provided to you by us and/or any third party or attempt to do so, except as permitted by law.
1.21. Rights of other parties
1.22. Law and jurisdiction
Customers residing in Great Britain (‘GB’)
MAL is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission [‘UKGC’] to provide services to customers resident in GB. If you are a GB resident, this agreement shall be governed by the law of England and Wales, excluding its conflicts of law rules. You hereby specifically agree and consent to any legal proceedings brought by you against us being litigated in the courts of England and Wales.
All other customers
MAL is licensed by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission [‘AGCC’] to provide services to non-GB residents.
If you are a non-GB resident, this agreement shall be governed by the laws of Alderney, excluding its conflicts of law rules. You hereby specifically agree and consent to any legal proceedings brought by you against us being litigated in the courts of Guernsey.
Last Modified Date: 02/10/17