1. Terms and Conditions
1.1.1 Welcome to www.marathonbet.co.uk (‘the Website’ or ‘our Website’), brought to you by Marathon Alderney Limited (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’), a company registered in Alderney under number 1686 with registered offices at 2 Victoria Street, Alderney GY9 3UF.
1.1.2 These Terms and Conditions encompass all the below sections, from one to sixteen (1–16), and are referred to herein as the Terms and Conditions or ‘T&Cs’ (the Terms and Conditions’). The Terms and Conditions contain important information about your use of our Website (which includes versions of our Website, such as apps that are viewed on mobile phones, tablets or other electronic devices). Please read them carefully before you register an account with us (your ‘Account’) and before you start using our services.
- 188.8.131.52 Privacy and Cookies Policy, which sets out information on how we use your data and what your rights are—this policy can be found here
- 184.108.40.206 Specific Event, Competition, Promotion or Product Rules, which are set out in their respective terms and conditions, as relevant to each event, competition, promotion or product.
1.1.5 If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these T&Cs and the different sets of rules or policies referred to in section 1.1.3 above, then the information in these T&Cs will apply instead of the relevant provision(s) in the documents under 1.1.3.
1.1.6 If you have any questions about these T&Cs, please get in touch with our customer support team (‘Customer Support’, ‘CS’) and they will be happy to help you. You can reach us using any of the following methods:
|Telephone:||0800 9757882 (UK Freephone)|
|+44 1273 964705 (from outside the UK)|
1.1.7 Please note that we may record calls for training and monitoring purposes.
1.2. Changes to our Terms and Conditions
We may make changes to our Terms and Conditions at any time. We will always make reasonable efforts to notify you of any changes, via e-mail, notice on the Website or Account message. However, you do have a responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions from time to time, to ensure that you agree with them. Your agreement to any changes to these Terms and Conditions can be asserted via your continued use of the Website.
1.3. Opening an account and gambling with us
1.3.1 When opening an Account: (i) you are required to choose your own password; and (ii) you may choose a username. Your login cannot be changed once the Account has been opened. Your login may be your email address or your username, depending on your authorisation settings. You should ensure that these details are kept private, as you are responsible for all Account activity, where the correct security information (login, password) has been provided. If you lose or forget your login and/or password, or if you believe that a third party is aware of them, you should contact Customer Support immediately. The methods by which you can get in touch with Customer Support are shown in the Contact Us tab.
If another person accesses your Account as a result of your own actions or negligence (e.g. not keeping your login and/or password private, or leaving your computer unattended without logging out) you are responsible for all their actions and any losses they may incur on your Account.
1.3.2. When you open an Account with us you are confirming that you:
- 220.127.116.11. are at least 18 years of age and, in any case, above the legal age for gambling in the jurisdiction in which you live (see section 1.4—Proof of age and identity);
- 18.104.22.168. are not restricted from opening an Account in accordance with the geographical restrictions outlined in these T&Cs (see section 1.5—Jurisdictional considerations);
- 22.214.171.124. are accessing the Website from one of the ‘Permitted Jurisdictions’, as defined in section 1.5 below;
- 126.96.36.199. are using your own funds and can afford to gamble with such funds, or are using funds that you are expressly entitled to use;
- 188.8.131.52. will not gamble with us unless you are in a fit state of mind to do so and are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs (whether legal, prescribed or proscribed);
- 184.108.40.206. are not an undischarged bankrupt or the subject of any bankruptcy proceedings;
- 220.127.116.11. will only have one Account for the Website at any one time;
- 18.104.22.168. have not excluded yourself from gambling;
- 22.214.171.124. have not previously held an account with us, or with any other gambling operator, (in both cases whether online or ‘in club’) that was suspended or terminated due to your wrongdoing;
- 126.96.36.199. will not use, or allow any other person to use, the Website or your Account for fraudulent purposes, or to facilitate a criminal offence or other unlawful activity; and
- 188.8.131.52. do not work for us or one of our associated companies, or suppliers of our gambling equipment and services, and/ or are not otherwise acting on their behalf.
1.4. Proof of your age and identity
1.4.1 To register with us you must be at least 18 years of age and above the legal age for gambling in the jurisdiction in which you live (the “Appropriate Age”), as underage gambling is an offence. We are required to verify your age before you are permitted to use the services on the Website. As a result, we may undertake a search with an online verification service provider to verify your age. To do so, the online verification provider may check the details you supply against any information on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. For the purposes of verification, they may also use your details to assist other companies in the future. A record of the search will be retained.
1.4.2. We may also request proof of age and residency documentation from you at any time, which you agree to provide for us promptly.
For Account verification purposes, you may be required to provide the following documents:
a copy of a valid official photo ID, such as, but not limited to:
- a passport
- a driving licence
- a national ID;
and/or a customer residency document, such as, but not limited to:
- a bank account or bank card statement
- a utility bill, excluding mobile phone and ISP
- a council/Property Tax bill
- an official formal letter from local authorities.
You acknowledge that gambling under the Appropriate Age is not acceptable, and we may refer any attempts to do so to the relevant regulator (as applicable, depending on where you are located), who may refer the matter to local prosecution authorities. If you are subsequently found to be under the Appropriate Age at the time you placed transactions with us (or we are unable to verify your age for any reason) your Account will be closed, all transactions placed whilst you were under the Appropriate Age will be voided, and all related funds deposited while you were under the Appropriate Age will be returned (unless you have already withdrawn the equivalent amounts as winnings). However, we shall not be obliged to pay any winnings which might otherwise have been payable.
1.4.3. We are also required to comply with anti-money-laundering legislation and may thus request proof of identity and source of funds information from you from time to time, which you agree to provide for us promptly. We may undertake a search with an online verification service provider to verify your identity (in accordance with Section 1.4.1).
1.4.4. You may sometimes be asked to provide background information about yourself and the source of the funds used to play on our Website. Therefore, we may request documents, such as, but not limited to:
- your latest P60, direct renumeration or dividends document
- a payslip or pension statement
- a bank or savings account statement
- a trust deed.
We may be required to obtain this information because:
184.108.40.206. We seek to ensure that our customers use our offering for recreational purposes, enjoy their play and do so within their means. This is a part of our commitment to Responsible Gambling principles.
220.127.116.11. If customers regularly spend high amounts with us, we have a legal obligation to show that the money being spent is legitimate. This does not mean that we are suspicious about you personally.
1.4.5 By registering with this Website, you agree to provide any information reasonably needed to meet the requirements mentioned above.
1.5. Jurisdictional considerations
1.5.1 We only accept registrations from persons located in one of the ‘Permitted Jurisdictions’ shown in the drop-down list next to the Country button, which is located on the account registration page.
The list of ‘Permitted Jurisdictions’ may be changed by us from time to time.
1.5.2 It is your responsibility to always comply with your own local, national or state laws that relate to gambling.
1.5.3 We reserve the right to terminate your account and refuse any use of our services if we know or reasonably suspect that you have been using them whilst located outside the Permitted Jurisdictions.
1.6. Keeping your details up to date
If any of your personal Account details or the financial details relevant to your Account change, you must inform us immediately, as failure to do so may result in transactions being declined by your financial institution.
To change any of your Account information, use the ‘My Account’ section of the Website. Should the bank card registered on your Account be lost, stolen or re-issued, please notify us as soon as possible by contacting Customer Support.
1.7. Use of our website or our services
1.7.1 We may refuse to register you, suspend and/or terminate your Account at any time and/or refuse to accept any wager or transaction for any reason. We shall not be liable to you in any way for any loss or damages that may result from any such action.
1.7.2 We may withdraw any promotional offers (including, but not limited to, Bonuses and Free Bets) at any time, provided that such a withdrawal does not have a detrimental impact on any customer that has already taken advantage of the promotional offer. As part of our sports book offering, we may make certain third-party data services available to you, including, but not limited to, horse racing data and live scores, and statistics from various sources, (collectively referred to as Third-Party Data Services (‘TPDS’). In relation to the TPDS you agree that.
- 18.104.22.168 the information may only be used for your own personal use, and you will not distribute or commercially exploit it or any part of it;
- 22.214.171.124 use of the TPDS is at your sole risk; and
- 126.96.36.199 neither we, nor any other third-party data provider, or any of their licensors, give any warranty as to the accuracy of any data or the uninterrupted supply of such data.
1.8. Placing a wager
1.8.1 You must exercise your own judgment when placing a wager, and you acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement or advice from us or our employees in deciding to place a wager.
1.8.2 We do not apply fees or charges on wagers.
1.8.3 We may refuse or limit the whole or part of any wager for any reason at our discretion.
1.8.4 You are not allowed to place a wager that exceeds than the amount of credit (balance) in your Account.
1.8.5 We may set the maximum and minimum stake amounts for any wager.
1.8.6 Wagers do not become valid until our systems confirm that the wager has been accepted.
1.8.7 For some games, we will pass you to a third-party system. These systems may not provide you with all the reporting information you will find on our main site. Should you require additional wager information, please contact our Customer Support.
1.9. Deposits and withdrawals
If you reside in Great Britain, in accordance with regulations introduced by the Gambling Commission, you cannot use a credit card as a payment method to deposit funds into or withdraw funds from your Marathonbet account. For more information, please see the following link: https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/news-action-and-statistics/news/2020/Gambling-on-credit-cards-to-be-banned-from-April-2020.aspx.
1.9.1. You may deposit funds into an Account with us via the Payment Methods listed on the Website.
1.9.2. Interest is not payable on any Account balances.
1.9.3. You can make withdrawals from your Account up to your current available main balance at any time, subject to the following T&Cs:
- 188.8.131.52. We may not be able to pay funds back to bank cards; where we are able to return withdrawals to your bank card, we will do so free of charge.
- 184.108.40.206. Unless your bank card or other third-party payment processor (such as Neteller & Skrill) imposes limits on withdrawal amounts, we will impose a minimum withdrawal amount of £1 and will not impose a maximum withdraw amount.
- 220.127.116.11. In order to withdraw funds above any limit imposed by your bank card or third-party payment processor, you will need to contact them directly.
- 18.104.22.168. If you wish to consider alternative withdrawal methods, compliant with our regulatory framework, please contact Customer Support.
1.9.4. For withdrawals via bank transfer, the minimum free-of-charge withdrawal is £200 or the currency equivalent (save in the case of a withdrawal of your entire main balance). We can process withdrawals via bank transfers for amounts lower than £200; however, we reserve the right to charge a fee of no more than £2 for processing this transfer. Please note that other withdrawal methods are available which have a lower free-of-charge minimum withdrawal limit. A bank transfer will only be made to an account in your name and the account must be held in a Permitted Jurisdiction. Where you are requesting a bank transfer for the first time, we will require proof of identity to be provided.
1.9.5. You may not make deposits and withdrawals to and from your Account with us for the primary purpose of obtaining benefits from a third party, such as loyalty rewards or vouchers.
1.9.6. You may only make deposits to, or withdrawals from, your Account for using the Website in good faith and for the purpose for which it is provided; we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Account if we suspect that you are using your Account for any other purpose.
We may also be required by law or any relevant authority to report any unusual activity and act in accordance with that authority's directions, in relation to your Account and the funds contained therein.
Funds at least equal to the value of active customer balances are held in designated bank accounts (segregation of customer funds), separate from our business accounts, to ensure that there are always enough funds for customers to withdraw their main balance at any time. However, in the event of insolvency, customer funds would not be protected as they would form part of the assets of the business, hence we could not guarantee that they would be fully repaid to our customers.
Further information about customer funds and their protection can be found at the following addresses:
- Gambling Commission: www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/consumers/protection-of-customer-funds.aspx
- AGCC: www.gamblingcontrol.org/players/
1.10. Closing your account and inactive accounts
1.10.2. We reserve the right to withdraw the Website (no longer having the Website available for registration and/or gameplay) at any time and will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of such withdrawal.
1.10.3. You may close your Account at any time by contacting Customer Support via any of our communication channels.
1.10.4. Upon the closure of your Account or withdrawal of the Website, subject to any deductions permitted under these T&Cs, you will be entitled to the return of any main balance remaining in your Account.
1.10.5. If, for a period of 12 consecutive months or more, you have not logged in to your Account, it will be deemed to be an ‘Inactive Account’.
1.10.6. If an Inactive Account remains without activity for a further period of 12 consecutive calendar months, the account shall be deemed to be a ‘Dormant Account’.
1.10.7. As per regulation 231 (2)(e) of the Alderney eGambling Regulations (2009), as amended, and given the above definitions of Inactive Accounts and Dormant Accounts, we reserve the right to deduct the reasonable, direct costs incurred by us in maintaining an Inactive or Dormant Account from the balance of an Inactive or Dormant Account until such time as you log back into your Account or the balance of your Inactive or Dormant Account reaches zero, subject to the following conditions:
- before deducting any amount, we will use reasonable efforts to repay the balance of your Account to you using the last payment method used to deposit funds to your Account;
- we will send you a reminder, in the form of an email to the email address associated with your Account, at least 30 days before we deduct any amount;
- we will repay any deducted funds if you reactivate your Account and request the return of those funds; and
- robust security controls will be in place to prevent internal fraud.
1.11. Bonus and Promotions
1.11.1. We may, from time to time, offer Bonuses and promotions. Each of these Bonuses and promotional offers will be both subject to the general terms that apply to all Bonuses and promotions, and to any promotion-specific terms, which will be clearly displayed on each advertisement for the applicable promotion and/or (where space is limited on the advertisement) within one click of the relevant advertisement. We may withdraw any promotional offers (including Bonuses, Free Bets or tokens) at any time, subject to the terms of such promotional offers.
1.12. Intellectual property
1.12.1 You agree that all copyright, trademarks, designs, text, photographs, videos, images and graphics, look and structure, of our website, database rights and all other intellectual property rights relating to the Website and its contents (including the software) are and will remain our or our licensors’ property.
1.12.2 You also agree and acknowledge that the material and content contained within the website is made available for your personal non-commercial use and that any other use of such material and content is not permitted.
1.13. Limitations on liability
1.13.1 You accept that your access to the Website and use of our services or any information we may provide in connection with your use of the Website is at your sole option, discretion and risk, and that by using the Website there is a risk that you may lose money.
Loss or damage is foreseeable if such loss or damage was an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by both you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
1.13.4 We only supply the Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Website for any commercial or business purpose, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Matters beyond our reasonable control include access delays or access interruptions, any system or communication errors relating to the generation of random numbers, wager settlement or other elements of the gaming services, data non-delivery or data mis-delivery, acts of God or other circumstances beyond our control, unauthorised use of your security access details, damage to goodwill or reputation and errors, omissions, or misstatements in any and all information or services(s) provided by us to you.
1.14.1 We are not liable for errors or malfunctions relating to the Website, our software or any other element of our service, or any bugs or viruses resulting in lost data, and we will be entitled to declare any transactions affected by any such error or malfunction as void. You must not knowingly take advantage of a technical or administrative error.
1.14.2 We reserve the right to correct any settlement of a wager that is subsequently found to have been affected by an error or malfunction, in order to return you and us to the position we would have been in if the error had not occurred. If, following such a correction, your main Account balance becomes negative, you must immediately deposit funds to increase your main balance to at least zero.
1.15. Responsible Gambling and Self-Exclusion
1.15.1 If you feel that you are developing a dependency in relation to gambling, we provide a range of tools to assist and support you, including the ability to set: (i) financial Limits; (ii) Reality Checks; (iii) temporary 'Time Outs'; and (iv) Self-Exclusion. For more information, please see Section 6—Responsible Gambling.
1.16. Prohibited Activity
1.16.1. For the purposes of these T&Cs, we may act appropriately if we reasonably believe that a customer is carrying out the following conduct and/or activities, which are indicative (but not exhaustive) examples of ‘Prohibited Activity’:
- 22.214.171.124. using, or attempting to use, any software-assisted methods or techniques, or any hardware devices (including the use of so called ‘bots’), in order to participate or manipulate of any of our systems;
- 126.96.36.199. introducing, or attempting to introduce, any virus or other harmful or malicious application or material to our systems;
- 188.8.131.52. introducing, or attempting to introduce, any defamatory, obscene, abusive or unlawful material to our systems;
- 184.108.40.206. placing a bet or wager with us in a manner that breaches any rules relating to irregular and/or suspicious betting or the misuse of inside information that are stated (a) in your contract of employment, (b) by a sports governing body, or (c) by any other professional body to which you belong, or placing a bet or wager with us on behalf of another person who is subject to any such rules;
- 220.127.116.11. placing a bet, whilst knowing information about the result of the event at the time of its placement;
- 18.104.22.168. acting with other customers to overcome specific controls and limits established by us;
- 22.214.171.124. holding more than one Account (multiple registration);
- 126.96.36.199. providing materially incorrect information to us;
- 188.8.131.52. engaging in any fraudulent activity in relation to our systems and/or services, including fraudulent payments (for example the use of stolen bank cards or the initiating of any unjustified chargeback or other reversal of a payment, or the initiating of any prohibited transactions, including in respect of money laundering);
- 184.108.40.206. participating in any form of collusion,
- 220.127.116.11. having engaged in any collusion (including in relation to chargebacks), fraudulent practice or unlawful or improper activity, when placing wagers and/or gaming with any other online provider of gambling services;
- 18.104.22.168. wrongfully requesting a chargeback or denying any of the transactions made on your Account;
- 22.214.171.124. becoming bankrupt or having equivalent proceedings occurring anywhere in the world;
- 126.96.36.199. using our software and/or system in a manner which we (acting reasonably) deem inappropriate including, but not limited to, depositing and withdrawing money to gain benefits from third-party payment providers.
1.16.2. Where we have reasonable grounds to believe that (a) there has been any Prohibited Activity in respect of your Account, whether by you personally or by a third party, or (b) that an Account has been opened by a third party and not for the named Account holder's use, we may suspend the Account in question for the purposes of carrying out an investigation, and may ultimately terminate your Account if we determine that there has been any Prohibited Activity and/or the Account has been opened by a third party. When we suspend or terminate the Account, we reserve the right to void any winnings (in respect of betting integrity issues, such as fixing, the use of insider information or the breach of sporting rules, and/or where you have engaged in any fraudulent activity or collusion) or to close all or any open bets or wagers on the Account at our prices prevailing at the time of closing. You will remain liable for any losses that are accrued on your Account as a result of the closing of a bet or wager under this paragraph, regardless of the outcome of any investigation.
1.16.3. We shall not release any cash balance on your Account if we have reasonable grounds to suspect you of any Prohibited Activity.
1.16.4. Combating Prohibited Activity, and particularly fraudulent activity, is important to us, and robust controls are in place to prevent external fraud, corruption or betting integrity issues. We have advanced fraud prevention capabilities and work closely with the police, external agencies, industry forums, sports governing bodies and government agencies to investigate and report Prohibited Activity.
1.16.5. Should a payment by you, whether by bank card or otherwise, subsequently be dishonoured, charged back or otherwise debited from your Account, we reserve the right to pursue you for any losses and/or to void any winnings resulting from bets that were accepted by us based on that payment.
1.16.6. You will not knowingly disguise or interfere in any way with the IP address of the computer or internet-enabled device that you use to access the Website nor otherwise take steps to prevent us from correctly identifying your device or the actual IP address of the computer you are using whilst accessing the Website.
1.16.7. You shall be liable to pay us, on demand, all costs, charges or losses sustained, or liabilities incurred by us (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, any loss of profit and/or loss of reputation) arising directly or indirectly from your Prohibited Activity.
1.16.8. We reserve the right to seek the fullest civil and criminal sanctions against any person or organisation involved in Prohibited Activity and, where we have reasonable grounds for suspicion and without notice to you, to notify the relevant regulatory, sports governing body or law enforcement authorities where appropriate.
1.17.1 As part of our security measures, we may perform random security checks on your Account and keep records of transactions and wagers. As part of these checks, we may request additional documentation or information from you, and we may terminate and/or suspend your registration and/or Account and/or withhold payment to you if we do not receive such documentation within the time frame which we, acting reasonably, specify.
1.17.2 You agree that we may use personal information you have provided to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information.
1.18.1 For some of our services, you may need to download or use certain additional software, including software provided by third parties.
1.18.2 You may be required to agree to further end user terms and conditions of use in order to make use of such software. In such cases you agree to be bound by any such further terms and conditions.
1.18.3 You shall not interfere with, copy, modify or reverse engineer any software provided to you by us and/or any third party, nor attempt to do so, except as permitted by law.
1.21. Rights of other parties
1.22. Law and jurisdiction
Customers residing in Great Britain
We are licensed by the Gambling Commission to provide services to customers residing in Great Britain.
All other customers
We are licensed by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission to provide services to individuals not residing in Great Britain.
1.23. Match Rigging and Sporting Integrity
We take sporting and betting integrity very seriously. We work with our gambling regulators and independent sports associations to help ensure that the fairness of gaming and the integrity of sport are protected.
In the event that we have evidence or are suspicious that a race, event or match or that betting upon any race, event or match is dishonest Marathonbet reserves the right to withhold payment and/or void all bets placed on such events. Evidence of the above may be based on the size, volume or pattern of bets placed with Marathonbet across any or all of our betting channels including retail operations.
Last Modified Date: 05/08/2020